My wife had an affair with this guy in the neighborhood

My wife had an...

My wife had an affair with this guy in the neighborhood across from ours, would there be any legal trouble by putting a note in each of his neighbors' mailboxes on his street letting them know what he did and what type of person lives in their neighborhood?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

We live on the border of NC & SC. He lived in NC but the acts happened in SC.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

1/21/2018
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

I am very sorry to hear that. I would suspect he would file a slander/libel claim against you. Trust is a defense but defending even a baseless claim can be expensive.

If you have no further questions, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your quick response. I wish I knew of a legal way of having him wear the scarlet letter. As what happened just isn't fair. Any suggestions would be appreciated.I will be glad to give you a positive rating!
If you are going through with a divorce putting him on the stand after sending him q subpoena is an option.
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
No divorce, have two kids and a biz together...any other suggestions?