I'm interested in getting publishing a mix cd. How do I get…

I'm interested in getting...

I'm interested in getting publishing a mix cd. How do I get copyright approval?

Lawyer's Assistant: What written documentation do you have?

Not sure what you mean by written documentation

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a local attorney? Has anything been filed in court?

No I just have a cd that I made that I'd like to sell online

1/21/2018
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

Your best bet would to contact this website that is able to get licensing to numerous artists and copyright owners. https://www.ascap.com/help/ascap-licensing

They would be able to get you the permissions rather than you going artist to artist.

Thanks.

There are other agencies like this so depending on your artist, you may have to get permission from the other ones. If you have no further questions, a positive rating would be very much appreciated.

Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer