I informed the roofing salesman that I had a vaulted

Customer Question
I informed the roofing...

I informed the roofing salesman that I had a vaulted ceiling. The sales rep neglegted to put it in the contract. The crew started work and drove nails through the self stick barrier, The nails now protrude into my living room, The contracto blames the crew, The crew blames the contractor, Now what?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes. The company said they will make it right. No work has been done for two days. The sub crew chief came to inspect saying the company wants him to pay for damage.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can I legally withold payment upon roof completion until my ceiling is repaired?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 2 days by:
1/22/2018
Lawyer: Lori, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Lori
Lori, Attorney

Hello. Let me see if I can assist you. I am assuming you had a contract with the contractor. He hired the crew; not you. He was negligent in hiring the crew and supervising the crew. The fault is on him. Yes, I would withhold payment and I would send a demand letter to the contractor advising him of the negligent work and demand that he immediately repair it. Be sure to post reviews for this contractor on Angie's list and HomeAdvisors (and Yelp) as well.

Hope that helps.

Please be sure to accept my response and post a positive rating.