Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I am unmarried I own property and my ex does to. We are not…

I am unmarried I own...
I am unmarried I own property and my ex does to. We are not on on any loans together or have anything in writing that would we each own it. We did have a checking account together. But not anymore. Could she have me sell or have to give her money?
1/20/2018
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. This was an ex-girlfriend?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No thanks

Thank you. Based on what you shared above, there would be no reason that she would have any right or interest in any of your property or money. I say this because just because you dated, does not give her an interest and without her on title or any document to support a shared interest, what is yours would remain.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We did date for 14 years
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
In California

Dating alone would not support it.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok well thank you

You are welcome. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time at the top of this page, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. A 5 STAR rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Will do thanks again
LegalKnowledge, Attorney