I'm canceling a contract with Home Depot .They said they…

I'm canceling a contract...

I'm canceling a contract with Home Depot .They said they will cancel,but will charge me $2,000 . for cost incurred by them. Can't see how ,because the contract was done last week.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

PA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No , I just found this out about an hour ago.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Cant think of anything else.

1/19/2018
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good evening. What is the contract for? Does the contract which you signed say anything about liquidated damages? Did you ask them to break down the $2000?

NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE yet. They claim it is for materials from the factory. I did ask for a detailed accounting . He said it will be next week before he can get me any information.

Thank you for the reply. It is not just about the fact that nothing has been done, since they are losing profits, from the contract and work that was supposed to be done. If you signed a contract, it would be binding. If they release you and allow you to cancel it, they would lose out on the expected profits that they would make from this. the $2000 could be those, along with any costs incurred from what they or anyone else involved may have done, along with pay for employees, etc. They may have placed the order and things are being made, so if you did not want to proceed, it would be reasonable that they let you cancel and not force but and make you pay the entire amount but they could be entitled to their lost profits.

Ok thanks

You are welcome. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time at the top of this page, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. A 5 STAR rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

LegalKnowledge, Attorney
NOTHING else .Thank you.