Im not satisfied with my attorney that pressured a wrongful…

Im not satisfied with...

Im not satisfied with my attorney that pressured a wrongful death lawsuit., i did not sign a contract but paperwork stating that i will turn in all necessary paperwork. Can i get another attorney at this point? I've been through hell with the death of my brother been killed by a drunk driver. California law states that because of the type of liability i can only get 15k. The attroney for the other company settled for the 15k but with all the fees from my attroney that didnt do any work i was offered a settlement of 2700.00 Please help

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And do you have copies of the medical records?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

The guy was sentenced to 8 years

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No just fustrated

1/19/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

You have a right to fire your attorney at any time in writing. You can seek to fire your attorney, but your attorney is entitled to demand payment for the work he already did in your case. So, you can terminate your attorney and he would be able to seek fees for work done up to the date you terminate him.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Can i work with the other company about the settlement or do i need to get another attroney and start back over? My attorney fees was not establish when we first discussed the this case and once again did not sign a contract. What would be the basic fee that i would have to pay to make this go away?

Thank you for your reply.

Your attorney would be able to show his average hourly rate to prove how much he should get based on the time put into your case, even without a contract. You can give your attorney a written termination and you can negotiate with the company or hire another attorney, that is your right.

As far as fee, you can negotiate some fee with him to get him to sign written release to you, but he is entitled to he standard hourly fees for time spent on your case.