I bought a indian movie exhibition rights for Colorado state…

I bought a indian movie...
I bought a indian movie exhibition rights for Colorado state from a distributor, This was my first movie and I had no experience in the industry. After making payment of 2850 USD for Distributor, I had a contract which didnt mention any thing about show timings, Once I saw the show schedule I started forcing distributor to get more shows added because they added only one show at 9pm at new years time. But distributor assured me it will be added on weekend but it wasn't added and then on weekend he re-assured me that more movie shows will be added on second week and it wasn't added. So movie didnt even collect 1200 share because of the show timings. When am asking distributor to refund me or compensate they are not ready for negotiation. Is there any legal action I can take on my situation. Is there a way to recover my money?
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 day by:
1/20/2018
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

You certainly can file a claim in small claims court for your losses but if the distributor is India or in another state, collection may be a challenge. You could file and be sure they are properly served. If they fail to contest then you may be granted a default judgement that you could seek to enforce in another state. Normally hiring an attorney is what I recommend but due to the amounts involved, an attorney's fees would make this cost prohibitive.

If you have no further questions, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for Responding. Distributor is in USA only. How much would be attorney fees? I am not able to reach distributor. he's not responding to my calls. Is there any way?
I would not hire an attorney. File a lawsuit in small claims court on your own.
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer