I have been contacted by a lawson from nashville tennessee…

Customer Question
I have been contacted...

I have been contacted by a george lawson from nashville tennessee his phone number is(###) ###-####i won a lottery and he is responsible to get it to me from benin i payed for a uba bank card sent by his direction and have payed him money for other fees involved with getting my fund

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when exactly were you notified?

It is in the united states where ***** *****ves from nashville and he contacted me in early september and we have been corresponding ever since through text messaging and phone calls he assures me that he is telling me the truth and this money is mine the uba bank card has my name on it lawrence miller 4577 9321 4856 1797 there is also a membership number on back of card(###) ###-####

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes i reported sent a email to nashville police department with details of the issue and i have all receipts and correspondence of texts i sent to george

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

In order for me to get access to this atm card i am required to pay the necessary fees which adds up to about 5000 dollars which i ahve almost already payed the lady that i correspond with that george lawson deaaals with is edna pritchard who has a new york phone nymber which is(###) ###-####and email address***@******.***

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
1/19/2018
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

,.

Unfortunately you are the victim of a scam.. You never have to pay anything to claim a prize or lottery....ever. Any taxes or fees are deducted from any award prior to you getting it..

.

We see this scam a couple dozen times a week here on the site and it is always a scam.

.

I am sorry, but any money you have paid is gone and since these criminals bounce calls from one state to a forwarded number in another, there is not going to be any way to track them so you could get your money back.

.

The best you can do is not send any more money and mark this down as a life lesson not to believe things like this..

.

.

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much