If I apply to receive food stamps, and then apply for a job,

would a prospective employer find...
If I apply to receive food stamps, and then apply for a job, would a prospective employer find out that I am on food stamps even if that question isn't on the job application?
1/19/2018
LegalPro54
LegalPro54, Lawyer

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

There is no public record of who receives food stamps, so it is very unlikely that an employer would find out if you were receiving them. I say "very unlikely" and not "impossible" because since eligibility for food stamps depends on income, there is always a chance that your employer could be contacted to verify representations you have been made about your income.

This would be unlikely, and generally only done if there was some sort of investigation being conducted concerning fraud, but since there is still a chance of it happening one simply cannot say it's "impossible" for your employer to find out. What would be impossible, though, is prospective employers in the future finding out that you, at one point in time in the PAST, received food stamps.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.

* Disclaimer *

Just Answer is a venue for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship is formed by these communications.

LegalPro54
LegalPro54, Lawyer
Thank you very much.

You are very welcome! Take care and best of luck in your job search.