I recieved a settlement from a case in the amount of 35,000…

Customer Question
I recieved a settlement...

I recieved a settlement from a case in the amount of 35,000 which was after my lawyer took out their fees and ect. I took it to their bank wells fargo to cash it and opened up a account at the same time and was told they would have to put a hold on it until the following tuesday and gave me 2,000 before i left that day. It has been now 3 weeks and everytime i contact them they say they have not verified it with the company and will not release any more of the money. I have tried to get in touch and went to the lawfirm that represented me and I can never get ahold of the person. I am at a loss as to what to to now

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Cannot think of anything at the moment

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/19/2018
Lawyer: LegalPro54, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
LegalPro54
LegalPro54, Lawyer

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

Was the check that you deposited from your lawyer, or from the defendant directly? I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.

the city gave a check to my attorney and then she took out her fees and gave me a check