If me and my wife r separation. We have a car and a truck.

If me and my...

If me and my wife r separation. We have a car and a truck. Both n her name. I have been driving the car for 2 years. Can she have me arrested if I don't ivrvit back to her today

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

N Jacksonville fl and the car is a 2004 mercury

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/19/2018
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and does NOT constitute legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can. No, your wife cannot have you arrested for driving what amounts to a family car. If she calls the police and they show up all you need to do is explain that the car is registered in her name but they two of you are married. If you file for divorce you can also ask the court to allow you to drive or keep the car.

Ok thank u.

It's my pleasure. And just for future reference, if you ever need anything and want to reach me directly you can do so by clicking HERE

or by putting "This Question Is For Olivia" before you start typing your question.

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney