Is there a ststute. Is there a Statute of Limitation on

Is there a ststute ...

Is there a ststute

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Is there a Statute of Limitation on Court Ordered Divorce Decrees in NJ, also NY?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That is my question, right now. Thank you.

1/18/2018
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

No time limitations.A divorce decree can be modified by the judge in there has been a material change in circumstances..They can modify custody, support, visitation, etc.But the decree is valid until modified by the judge.That requires a motion and notice to other party and full hearing in front of the judge.This applies to NY and NJ as well.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate5 stars it is much appreciated.

Ray, Lawyer