If suing someone for defamation or for damages related to…

If suing someone for defamation...
If suing someone for defamation or for damages related to any action they may have taken that caused clear damage, if they don't have a lot of money - what are the options for seeking the money. With some suits, life insurance or other types of insurance may help the other person pay. Of course, those options do not penalize the other part as much, which is part of the issue. So, if the other party is married, for example, could the lawsuit winner put a blanket lien on assets and, in the future, if the other party comes into money - the awarded amount would be paid?
1/18/2018
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer
Good afternoon. I am a legal expert attorney who will assist you today.
Yes. If a judgment is obtained and the party owns joint assets or comes into money at a future date, then the judgment would attach to those assets.
I hope this clarifies. Please don’t forget to rate the question. We as attorneys are not employees of Just Answer and are not paid unless you rate the question with stars
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer