It there a conflict of interest prohibiting an attorney from…

It there a conflict...

It there a conflict of interest prohibiting an attorney from representing an LLC which has 3 managing members and two the managing members who own 50% of the LLC want to seek partition of the only asset of the business, a commercial building?

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state the LLC is registered in?

California. Three brothers bought the building and they do not get along anymore.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The operating agreement says a majority of managing members can make decisions...so my potential clients are in the driver seat on paper, but the other member has adverse positions.

1/18/2018
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Here the majority can hire you to represent the LLC only.You would advise the others here that you only represent the LLC and majority owners here.As long as you are upfront here that your client is the LLC and the 2 managing members have authority to hire you to represent you can do so.You would want to advise the other members that they may want to seek their own personal representation.

Make sure you have fee agreement with the two managing members and the LLC to get paid and that you strictly only represent the LLC and not them individually.

That should protect you.If a conflict arises you always have right to withdraw.But it is clear you only represent the LLC and its interests.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Ray, Lawyer
Thank you.