I'm a union employee for huge transportation delivery

Customer Question
I'm a union employee...

I'm a union employee for huge transportation delivery company. In my work location we have 50 routes to deliver packages. My route is 1 of 5 training routes at our location. Manager has been alternating routes for training with the 5 routes. I have higher seniority and I don't want to give up my route and alternate my seniority? Due I have rights?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Reported to Union & no help

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I want employer to have other training routes used so I don't have to do undesirable routes in unknown areas

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/18/2018
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 7 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Unfortunately, you do not have any recourse under the circumstances. Your seniority does not apply here. The manager has sole discretion to alternate the routes. Regrettably, you may have to give up your route as part of this training. The Union cannot help you here because of the nature of the issue.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you. However, as an Attorney and an Officer of the Court, I have ethical and professional obligation to provide you with accurate and honest information eventhough that information may not be in your favor.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.