A employee who resigned, mentioned to me that she lost our…

A employee who resigned, mentioned...
A employee who resigned, mentioned to me that she lost our original employee contract that was signed by both of us.
Now that she has resigned,she asked me to give her a copy of the contract. This will likely be used against me in some way since there was some dispute about various issues when working for me
Am I obligated to dig up my own copy of a document that she lost?
1/18/2018
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and does NOT constitute legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can. I want to make sure I understand correctly... are you the employer or a coworker of her's?

I am the employer...I am a physician..she was an hourly paid physician

You're under no obligation to provide her with a duplicate of what you have already provided her with. I'm assuming when she signed her contract she received a copy of it.... All of the above being said, I just want you to be aware that if she were to sue you she could request that document in discovery - but obviously you could wait to see if that occurs.

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney