I am in the midst of negotiating a franchise payment and I…

Hi i am in the...
Hi i am in the midst of negotiating a franchise payment and I am out of US. The franchise owner wants me to sign a memo of understanding which states the hefty deposit to be non-refundable unless they do not show up for the training. The training is to be held in SFO but the business is registered in Missouri . The governing law states Missouri. Is this safe for an investor like me and what recourse is available for me since i have already paid out the deposit.
1/18/2018
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
The terms are not reasonable. It leaves you unprotected if the training is poor or there is any breach. They should honor all expectations and you should not forego right to return of the deposit as requested.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
did you manage to view attachment i sent
it carries risk that I am not comfortable with by rendering it non refundable.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as experts are not employees of the site and do not get any credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
great tks alot
Very welcome.
Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. Happy new year! Leaving a bonus after rating is very much appreciated.
INFOLAWYER, Attorney