Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I want to know if more then one person owns a piece of

Hello, I want to...

Hello, I want to know if more then one person owns a piece of property how long after you buy them out can you sell the property?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Calif.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I can't think of anything

1/18/2018
Roger, Attorney

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

If multiple people own the property, and all of the owners sell out to a single owner, that single owner can sell the property immediately after acquiring 100% ownership.

The deed from the other owners to the single owner would need to be signed and recorded before the single owner sells the property.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
WOW! We were under the impression that you couldn't sell right away. The amount she would be paid I believe would be less then what we might sell for. We are basing that on an old figure. Would she have any legal rights such as saying we defrauded her?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I think talking to you might be a good idea however, I am not at home right now so I would need to possibly hook up with you tomorrow. I will get your info from you text message to me and we can go from there.

Once the person owns the property evidenced by a recorded deed, that person can do whatever he/she wants with the property.....including re-selling it to someone else.

As for the sale price, that is between the buyer and the seller.....and as long as the seller accepts the amount offered as his / her own free will, there's really not an issue.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You have brightened my nite! Is there a phone no. or is the info for contacting you on you e-mails? I think we will be doing that tomorrow.

Glad to help.

You can come back to this post and ask any additional questions you may have. Even after you rate/accept the answer, it will remain open for follow-ups for some time.

As for phone calls, I don't accept them through this site, but if you request one, another expert can and will respond.

Roger, Attorney
Roger, Attorney