How can I legally ask my girlfriend to leave my home since I…

Customer Question
How can I legally...

How can I legally ask my girlfriend to leave my home since I have been taking care of her since she was in college. she now shows no interest in a permanent relationship.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Pennsylvania

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Nothing i can think of

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
1/18/2018
Lawyer: RobertJDFL, Attorney replied 7 months ago
RobertJDFL, Attorney

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

thank you

Good evening,

Your girlfriend would have to be given a notice to "quit" or vacate the premises. While Pennsylvania doesn't have any specific statute addressing persons without a lease, it would be considered reasonable to give 30 days notice to her. If she doesn't vacate at the end of the 30 days notice, then you would actually have to file a lawsuit for eviction and get a court order for her to leave.

A sample 30 day notice form can be found here.