I canceled alert 1 {one) at the end of December 2017 and was…

I canceled alert 1...

I canceled alert 1 {one) at the end of December 2017 and was told that the service would still be charged until the Transmitter and the alert button would be received. Both were mailed, tracked and insured on Jan 4 2018. Still got a bill for rental and monitoring due Feb. 2, 2018. can I refuse to pay this bill.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

State of hawaii

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Billing from alert One has been confusing - I did order the plan, however I was not at my mothers to hook up and when I got there the Box and information had been thrown away - By the way this system was for my mother who lives 12 miles away - last billing I had was in Nonember 2017 and it stated that if I did not pay the full amount in 15 days that it would be canceled. There are other things that happened that made me want to cancel. How ever I am asking How can they bill for service that is not given and monitored?

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/18/2018
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
On review of your facts, you have a good case.You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.If needed, martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Thank you for your reply
Very welcome. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as experts are not employees of the site and do not get any credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
excellent
Thanks! If you see a rating button you can use it otherwise no worries.
INFOLAWYER, Attorney