It seems I've fallen victim to the Accoyweb scam and i

It seems I've fallen...

It seems I've fallen victim to the Accoyweb scam and i received an email and text saying "Greetings from U.S TECH SERVICES, this is a billing reminder for the cashback of your $109.99 USD. We Tried contacting you via mails and call but as you were unavailable, we were unable to do the same. You can contact us at 1(330)(###) ###-####for further information. Thank you." .

Lawyer's Assistant: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

What can i do about this?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

OR, not that i am personally aware of as of now

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That i am just looking for a 'way out' if possibale, oh and the important thing is this billed?

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/17/2018
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and doesn’t constitute not legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.

There is a charge for this conversation - I believe it's approximately $40.

ok so i just want to get this out of the way, just for ease of mind, i got charged a $5 deposit for the initial question and $31 for your response there are no more charges right bc i cannot afford anymore charges at this time

That sounds correct, yes :-) Unless we do a phone call - that's $59.

cool so what can i do about this?
Or do i just not intertain them

So tell me exactly what happened.... did you pay them anything?

Do they have any of your financial information?

i believe i did but nothing was taken from my account

If you gave them your bank account information and there's money in that account (and even if there isn't) you need to close that account before they take money out.

Otherwise you'll really have no recourse if they do take the money out. And whatever information you gave them (credit card number, etc.) you'll want to change that.

ok thank you

It's my pleasure :) If I have answered your question, could you please take a moment to check the box stating that I answered your question so that I receive credit for working with you. 5 stars is definitely appreciated! It *DOES NOT* cost you anything extra and it allows me to get credit for helping you. You CAN still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be a lag between your question and my answer; this is because I'm either not at my computer or helping someone else but I assure you I will ALWAYS come back and answer your question. And, just for future reference, if you need anything and you want to reach me directly you can do so by clicking HERE or by putting "This Question Is For Olivia" before you start typing your question.

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney