I have proof of defamation of character on my business name…

Customer Question
I have proof of...

I have proof of defamation of character on my business name with FB post to purposely damage my business name. How do I got about suing or doing something about it?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state you're in?

Dallas, TX

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

NO this just happened less than 48 hours ago. I have screen shots of the verbiage.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes I was holding a FREE wedding cake contest that this coupled entered. I have the rules in writing that were sent to the contestants. However they lost. The continuously are giving me bad reviews on my FB page to keep people from doing business with me. However, I have NEVER done business with them or exchanges monies.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
1/17/2018
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 6 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
First contact fb admin which should remove the post and potentially ban the user.On review of your facts, you have a good case.If you sue in court you may end up with a judgment. The judgment generally allows you to levy on bank accounts, lien real estate and work with the sheriff office civil enforcement division. Many lawsuits result in settlement - which expect the judge to encourage.By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as experts are not employees of the site and do not get any credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.