I purchased a Porsche from in Doral Florida. They have a…

I purchased a Porsche from...
I purchased a Porsche from https://www.hgreg.com/ in Doral Florida. They have a 7-day return policy, and I notified them of safety and cosmetic issues such the horn is disconnected, the front passenger sensor is disconnected or not working, the hood supposed to be adjusted, missing back passenger seat belt.
I was in contact with the service department since them and been pushed around all this time. I got tired of calling so I went back to the dealer and left my car where it has been 7 days and they telling me they don't know when the car will be fixed or they will have the parts. I am paying $815 monthly for the car and I put down $15k. At this point what are my options? can I sue them for anything? What should I do step by step?basically, they have been pushing me around for all this time, now that I took the car and left there they have the car parked and they will not fix. Is not wise for me to be driving the car because of the safety issues. What should I do?
1/17/2018
Lucy, Esq., Attorney

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

Once the seven day return window has passed, there's unfortunately no automatic right to take the car back. However, the law does give a consumer recourse when they purchase a new car that turns out to be defective. A car is considered defective if it is in and out of repair shops for at least 15 days due to one or more problems that "substantially impair the use, value or safety" of the vehicle. Broken sensors, missing seatbelts, and a horn that doesn't work are all issues that impair the use, safety, and value of the car.

If you purchased a warranty, they have to make the repairs or pay for the cost of you having them done elsewhere. Also check the manufacturer's warranty to see what's covered. It may help to give them a firm deadline for making repairs to at least get the car driveable before you take it to another mechanic and sue them for what that costs you. Otherwise, it would be up to you to get the repairs done, but if it winds up being out of service for more than 15 days, you can then require that the manufacturer either replace the vehicle or give you a full refund. Here is more information on the lemon law:

http://myfloridalegal.com/pages.nsf/Main/a510d1364b15502a85256cc9005da68a

If you have any questions or concerns, please reply WITHOUT RATING so I may address them. My goal is to provide you with excellent service. Otherwise, please rate my answer positively so I get credit for the time spent speaking with you today. Mobile users may have to scroll to the right. Thank you.

Lucy, this is a used car dealer ship. I got the car with 3k miles on it, is a 60k car, they were notified of the issued and I was promised that issues would be fix in the 7 day period. Do you have experience with this? what else would you suggest?
I dont think you quite understood my question. Can you please let me know if is questions about this?
Lori
Lori, Attorney

Hello. I am a new expert. I am a licensed FL attorney with over 25 years experience. I had a similar experience with a Jaguar.

I would recommend a demand letter to them for the return of your money, take the defective car back immediately and cancel the financing or you will be forced to file suit to recover damages for fraud and unfair and deceptive trade practices as well as recover your attorneys' fees and costs. You should also light them up on Yelp and other social media if they are no cooperating after your demand letter.

Hope that helps. Feel free to ask any follow up questions.

Lori, can you elaborate a little more on the approach of filling the demand letter? how many days should be given? Can i send a demand letter, demanding the car to be fix and a settlement for the inconvenience?

Sure -- the demand letter should be served by email, US mail and certified mail, return receipt requested. I would give them 5 days to fix the car or return your money - otherwise you sue. You can ask for money for inconvenience/hassle but they probably won't pay.

They don't want to be sued -- dealers hate lawsuits!

what would be something that I allow it to request. Its been 67 days, since the 3 days I been calling to have all these things fixed. I have made several phone calls, and I finnaly 7 days ago they took my car in with all this notes to be fix but they havent done anything

You could do 3 days in the demand. Just get it over to them ASAP. It has been a ridiculous amount of time!

By the way, in the future - you may want to consider a car buyer pro to help you with the purchase of your car (such as Car Buyer Assist in South Florida). They represent you and not the dealers and help inspect and negotiate the best price so the dealer can't cheat the buyer.

i actually have a auto brokerage. I just found this car and wanted because it was exactly what I was looking for. But I am good with numbers not mechanic :-( now I am dealing with the headache

10-4!

Lori
Lori, Attorney
Lori, am i allow to hire you to draft the demand letter?
how does justanswer works?
That is beyond the scope of JustAnswer. The attorneys/experts on this site do not draft letters or pleadings through this site.
can I hire you outsite? is it permited ?
No but I am happy to review your demand letter in a new question posted on JustAnswer when you gave it drafted.
sounds good thank you

If it will be heading to litigation, I can refer you to a local litigator as well.