I would like to sue an HVAC technician, Xavier in small

Customer Question
I would like to...

I would like to sue an HVAC technician, Xavier in small claims for installing an Aqua stat improperly, causing my boiler system furnace to constantly run. My furnace was running at over 200 degrees, which was dangerous. There is a record of text messaging between the tech and I. There is also a work proposal from a second HVAC technician that states the error of the first technician. I was charged $400. from for the Aqua Stat that needed to be replaced. Plus the initial call fee of $75.00. Which is normally subtracted from the price of the part. The second technician is charging me $1,300.00 which includes a new Aqua Stat and two other parts that became compromised by the boiler running non stop at a temperature not designed for the system. I looked at the Aqua Stat with a friend, he says the Aqua stat does not look new it actually has rust on it. I would like a lawyer to endorse a letter to the technician recounting the business practice and or lack there of and my desire to settle out of court.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Maryland

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I am in Maryland. The technician has his business in York, Pa. Nothing has been filed or reported. I had plans to seek a SJA to compose the letter. However, the weather is compromising and the military post may be closed today.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/17/2018
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 4 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

What you are asking from us, "to endorse a letter" is deemed representation, which is forbidden by state law and as such is outside the scope of the service this site can provide. If you need a letter written, you need to go to a local attorney for representation.

Thank you for your understanding.

Tina, Lawyer