I belong to country club in florida. they have only one full…

Customer Question
I belong to...

I belong to country club in florida. they have only one full membership price. it states that the membership is for two people. I am now divorced. "there is a significant other allowance but it requires that the two live together. Is that legal

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

What do you mean?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No i would like to have my brother be my significant other

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
1/17/2018
Lawyer: Lori, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Lori
Lori, Attorney

Hello. Let me try to assist. Most country clubs have definition an rules established to define the "significant other" person. All that I have ever seen deal with a significant other in a committed relationship with the owner for allowance into the club. The significant other rule was adopted to accommodate gay couples.

Here is a sample:

http://www.oakdalegcc.org/Club-Info/By-Laws-and-Policies/Significant-Other-Application08222013.aspx

So you will need to check the Bylaws and Policies for your club. I anticipate that will be the same as those around the country.

Hope that answers your question.

Please remember to accept my response and post a positive rating.