I gave money to an individual to pay for purchase or repair…

I gave money to...

I gave money to an individual to pay for purchase or repair on homes with the contract providing the addresses of the homes in which I was investing. This individual was just starting out when I invested a couple years ago but he bought into too many homes --couldn't get them all fixed in a reasonable time and the finance company he was using took all his homes. My money was mis-appropriated to pay his debts on other homes. I want him to set up a payment plan for me. Any chance of doing something legally?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Some homes were in SC and some in NC

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not by me

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/16/2018
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

Is your friend willing to enter into a payment plan with you?

I haven't asked but I would hope so
nevermind. this seems like another scam I've gotten myself into.

Hold, please. It is not a scam.

It is possible to enter into a payment agreement if your friend is willing to do so. You would want to make sure it is in writing.

We can discuss more if you want to do so. I am willing to continue with any questions you may have.

am I getting into some monthly payment?

I use the site just like you. I do not know about any plans you have. You would have to contact customer service. I only answer the questions as an expert. I get credit when you rate my answer 3-5 stars at no additional cost to you.

DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney
Phone call session started