Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I was driving in SC at about 10 pm and was topped by a

Customer Question
I was driving in...

I was driving in SC at about 10 pm and was topped by a patrolman .. he said that i was driving 52 mph in a 45 zone and that i had my high beams on.. he asked me to get our of the car and do some test ..he asked me if i had been drinking and i said i had one scotch very early in the evening .. i passed the test as well as a 72 yo person can with on minor faulty ... he said that he was doing to arrest me because he see something in my eyes that leads him to believe that i am drunk .... WHAT??? .. I then explained that I normally wear contacts but my eyes were irritated so that night I wore eyeglasses....no matter... He handcuffs me and take me to a police station where he administers a breathalyzer test... as it turned out i blew ZERO on the test .... but that did not matter to him... he told me that if he suspects that I am drunk I can be arrested.... he then took me to the hospital for a urine analysis which will take 30 days to be completed.. Next I get thrown in the jail and BOOKED, photos, fingerprints, etc.. i was a nervous wreck and though i would have a heart attack right there.. never arrested for anything ... lots more about my personal experience but not for here... NIck''

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

South carolina 2011 mersedes mercedes

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I do not know.... i have a court date

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
1/16/2018
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 month ago

Were the charges dismissed here?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
NO i have a court date
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
He3 says he will calll and now he is unavailable >??????????????
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no I am very confused ... is this a scam?? look I am not going to wait 24 hours ... i am available to talk now if you do not have a lawyer available in the next hour please drop me from the list and return my 5 dollars ... no service at all.. Nick
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 1 month ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

I see your previous expert opted out. Do you still need help?

Tina, Lawyer