I had my will prepared 09/16/2013. Texas, On October of 2014…

My name is***** had...

My name is***** had my will prepared 09/16/2013.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Texas, On October of 2014 I had a mini stroke and had extensive medial bills. on 11/2015 I took out a reverse mortgage to pay all of my medical bills.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

What does it mean filed or reported.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My youngest Daughter who has been living with me since 12/1993. I have left the house to her in my will. When I did the reverse mortgage I had asked for her to be added as borrower. Which was not done. I need to know if she can still be added to the mortgage as a borrower. She has been my care giver since all of the happened. Or will she be forced out of the house or to pay the mortgage.

1/16/2018
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Unfortunately, no, the lender is not going to agree to reopen the reverse mortgage loan and add her as a borrower as any amount of the reverse mortgage would have been calculated based on your lifespan alone, not on yours and a younger child, which would have extended the payout by decades..

.

Or will she be forced out of the house or to pay the mortgage.

.

So if you were to pass, in order for her to be able to keep the house, she would have to pay off any reverse mortgage to the lender or they would be able to foreclose on it, sell it, and then use the proceeds to repay the mortgage with any surplus going to your heirs..

.

I am very sorry that I don’t have better news, but please understand that I do have an ethical and professional obligation to provide customers with legally correct answers based on my knowledge and experience, even when I know the answer doesn’t make the customer happy...

.

.

Barrister, Attorney
Thank you very much for taking the to answer my question. I was thinking that would be the answer. God Bless

You are very welcome. Happy to help any time, even if the news was kind of lousy.

.

It was my pleasure to work with you and help with your question. If you ever need me in the future, you can post a new question with "For Barrister" in the title and the JustAnswer employees will get it to me.

.

.

Have a great evening!