My home insurance policy re: full replacement cost. Language…

My home insurance policy...

My home insurance policy re: full replacement cost. Language was confusing so I had some words with agent who got mad and told me to go shoping. So I did. On potential new agents screen it said my current carrier insurance was "Expired" even though it wasan't. As you know, this could cause problems in increased cost for new insurance. I proved to new company I was still insured. Can I make a claim against old insurance?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

WI

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

If say there is a fire, is it true their is a WI law that says you still get Full Repl. cost if you don't rebuild? Also, if I'm insured for $291K from the get go, can they insist I report new updates even though I already assumed it would be taken care of in the above amount?

1/15/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

If your agent or company retaliated against you for arguing with them and out of spite marked your policy a expired when it is not or if they negligently reported it expired and will not correct it when you contact them, then you can sue them for all the damage their incorrect reporting caused you to incur.

First step is contact the insurer and explain the problem and ask for them to correct it. If they refuse, then you have a case to sue them for their negligence.

Actually, unless you have a mortgage company that is also on your insurance policy, meaning the mortgage company has a right to have the property rebuilt, if you suffer damage to your property, you are entitled to collect the insurance money and never make the repairs.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

I didn't see the attorney's name?

Thank you for your reply.

The site requires us to use screen names, my name is*****!