If your divorce agreement doesn’t mention ex husbands

Customer Question
If your divorce agreement...

If your divorce agreement doesn’t mention ex husbands financial picture but you say in the agreement you are both satisfied with whatever and your prenup is incorporated in divorce agreement and shows the financial picture being much less than a few years later when divorcing is that geounds to open up divorce agreement.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Wyoming jurisdiction

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
1/15/2018
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

If the parties signed off on the marital property settlement agreement as part of the divorce agreeing that they were satisfied with the division, then once the judge signed off on it, it would be a final judgment.

.

However, if the party wanting to challenge the division can prove that there was fraud or deception involved at the time that the division was signed off on as being agreed to, then a judge would have the authority to reopen the case and reexamine things because the one party who was being deceived didn't have all the true facts and information in their possession so as to be able to make an informed decision.

.

.

thanks

This is an old question. Some now my new question was deleted and you answered a question someone else answered a few days ago. My new question was about an estate plan and is there anyway to see previous amendments to a will and trust. It appears my brothers and sisters had my father make changes two weeks before he died. What are right in seeing precious will and trust amendment

Ok, that is odd because this question is dated as being posted 14 Jan 2018, 9:35 PM..

.

My new question was about an estate plan and is there anyway to see previous amendments to a will and trust. It appears my brothers and sisters had my father make changes two weeks before he died. What are right in seeing precious will and trust amendment

.

You wouldn't have any legal rights to see previous versions of a person's will because a will is entirely confidential until that person dies and it is filed with the probate court. Then it becomes a public document. But the testator can make changes at any time up until his actual death as long as he is legally competent. And the presumption is that someone is legally competent until a judge or doctor says they are incompetent.

.

As for a trust, that is an entirely confidential document until the grantor dies. At that time any beneficiary can request a copy of the trust. But the same thing applies to trust amendments and versions as applies to a will. They are entirely confidential and can only be shared by the testator/grantor if they choose to do so.

.

.

thanks

Oddly enough, another virtually identical question has just been posted again asking the same question about the divorce settlement agreement..

The person did die and I as given a copy of an amendment dated two weeks before he died and the same with the trust. I believe he signed these documents making changes in will pertaining to me. I would like to see the precious will
and trust so can o request to see the precious amendment before the last one that appears to be suspect to wrong doing

The only way you could force whoever had the previous versions to show them to you would be if you filed a lawsuit against the estate to try and contest the will/trust. You could then issue subpoenas to whoever had them to produce them for your review. But in order to challenge the will/trust, you are going to have to hire an attorney and would likely have to pay an up front retainer of $8-10K to get an attorney interested in taking the case..

.

.

thanks