Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

The charity that I supported which has 501 c 3 exemption…

Customer Question
The charity that I supported...
The charity that I supported which has 501 c 3 exemption under the IRS failed to provide me with documentation for the two Foster dogs that I had for a period of 4 years and has now refused to send me the appropriate documentation showing that I donated over a three-year. In total I asked to mate that I've spent over$10,000 in vet bills food shelter bedding training and daily home care for my two dogs in addition to the $3,000 I can show that I've donated to the two organizations that they have. The first was called boss Paws of Arizona and after a member of their volunteer staff was bit by two of their dogs they used a fellow individuals 501 c 3 charity and stop using lost Paws of Arizona and started using AZ K9. I've asked them on numerous occasions to please send me the paperwork so I could amend my tax returns and get the refunds that I am due and they have ignored my request and now they are using foul language to tell me to go f myself. I gave them ample opportunity to allow me to adopt both of these dogs and I inform them that I would be moving from Arizona to New Hampshire and they told me to please take the dogs with them because they couldn't afford to take them back. I asked them to pay for dental work that both dogs needed to have done and they refused however they did give me a discount of 1/5 of what I had to pay which was $500 and I got a discount of $100 but in addition to that this year alone I spent $973 caring for both dogs and in 2016 the smaller of the two dogs had a stomach issue where I had to pay over $1,500 in vet bills. Although the founder of the organization covered that upfront I paid her back in fall in the form of two separate checks and which she never supplied the appropriate documentation to show that I covered the vet bills in full. In addition I've paid for annual vaccinations for 4 years now, food, bedding, training, other Veterinary Care, In-Home Care, dental cleanings annually, grooming, in addition to many other expenses that come along with owning two dogs when in fact I have been deprived of being allowed to adopt them even though I have been told I was one of the best foster parents they had to which they proved by allowing me and asking me to Foster for other of their dogs. For those other dogs I also absorb all of the costs that went along with them and in addition to the costs of fostering all of these dogs throughout the years I have donated not only money but my time in addition to that and I didn't report being bitten by one of their dogs however at this time I feel that I should have. I understand that I cannot go back and file that claim however I would like to know what I can do to rectify this situation given that I have given lost Paws of Arizona and azk9 of Arizona based out of Peoria Arizona and Glendale Arizona ample opportunity to supply the documentation needed to file my tax returns from 2013 through 2017.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
1/14/2018
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 1 month ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
You or your accountant can substitute the records with an affidavit along with any invoices showing expenses, bank statements as applicable.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
INFOLAWYER, Attorney