I am the purchaser of Ohio real estate in a contract, the…

I am the purchaser of...
I am the purchaser of Ohio real estate in a contract, the seller sold to another buyer without my knowledge while we had the property under contract. It has transferred on Dec 20, 2017 what is our recourse ? It was a commercial property.
1/14/2018
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Assuming you have a written contract for the purchase signed by the seller, you sue them for breach of contract and to set aside the second sale as fraudulent/improper and then let the second buyer sue them as well for any damages that they have incurred due to the fraud.

.

.

thanks

Due I have to prove damages or simply just a breach of contract for the value of the contract ?

That depends on what you are suing for.. If you are suing to enforce the contract, then at the end of the day you would get to purchase the property for the agreed on price and the second buyer would sue seller for their damages as their sale would be set aside as improper.

.

If you are just suing for money damages, you would list your actual damages and then add in whatever you feel are your punitive damages since the seller obviously knew that they were under contract and maliciously ignored that and sold to someone else.

.

.

thanks

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much

Barrister, Attorney