What is needed to answer a civil action against me. In the…

Customer Question
What is needed to...

What is needed to answer a civil action against me

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

In the state of Georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I am not sure but I have a Civil Action Number from an attorney pertaining a crdit card account

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have until tomorrow to answer the lawyer in the correspondence

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/13/2018
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 7 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. (You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.)

I am including an example of a bare-bones answer for contract/debt owed. A copy is filed with the court, and a copy with the opposing party's attorney.

The copy with the court should be filed via certified mail. The copy with the attorney may be sent via certified mail (RRR), or, via fax (and one saves the receipt confirmation).

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.