I was involved in a domestic violence incident 2 years ago…

I was involved in a...
I was involved in a domestic violence incident 2 years ago in January 17th. I didn't file a report because I was scared. I stayed with him because I thought he could change. That obviously didn't happen, and now we are in a custody/visitation battle. I have pictures but no witnesses. Can I file a report on the abuse still, and do you think it will help my case if I do so? Him seeing my son all the time is detrimental to my sons Psychological behavior and mental health seeing as how he is abusive to his partners infront of his children. He also has previous rape charges and a dishonorable discharge.
1/13/2018
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your legal question today. I'm attorney Bill offering information and support to your DV question.

You can continue to file a report and should do so expediently to toll the statute of limitations to prosecute the crime. Generally the period of 2-3 years applies so you would need proceed with speed.

Yes, allegations of violence and past criminal records are taken into account when it comes to determining custody.

Custody is something that is determined in the best interests of the child.

Filing a report is something you can do without witnesses but you will be asked why you took this long to report the crime, not that that in itself excuses the crime and it should still be investiaged.

"H. In all other cases a prosecution for a public offense must be commenced within three (3) years after its commission."

Criminal procedure Oklahoma statute of limitations.

We are here to help, so please follow up with me as required.

In return remember to rate positively today.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

So I hope you rate FIVE STARS before your exit today.

Best

Attorney Bill

Bill Attorney