Am I legelly required to take or keep a dog for person who…

Am I legelly required...

Am I legelly required to take or keep a dog for person who is co.jail?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

As far no.i did get from him threating me with a law suit because I took the dog to a local shelter.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Sorry,tx

1/13/2018
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

No, you are not required to take or keep a dog for a person who is in jail. You could potentially be sued for breach of contract if someone paid you to watch their dog while they were in jail. But other than that, there is no legal recourse against you for taking the dog to the shelter.

Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney