I have a questions about court supervision for driving,

I have a questions...

I have a questions about court supervision for driving

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

Illinoise

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That is it

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/13/2018
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please explain your situation and ask your question.

essentially my mother already has court supervision and has yet to complete traffic school in cook county. She today got pulled over in lake county for a red light. The officer gave her a packet with traffic safety school information saying she coul plead guilty and take traffic school and be under 2 supervisions. Now It says on the packet that if she is not eligible and pleads guilty she could have conviction on her record. I dont weather we should plead guilty or not.
still there?

Yes, but please give me some time to type an answer.

Absolutely

She should start off by pleading not guilty and seeing if she can negotiate the opportunity to get supervision in Lake County and have the traffic school count for both. If she gets the deal she likes, then she can take it. If she doesn't get the deal she wants and pleads guilty, then it would go on her record, and her insurance rates will go up.

Still, even if she can't get supervision, she might want to plead guilty anyway if she has no defense to the charge and doesn't think she can win it. Traffic cases are hard to beat, so if she wants to fight the case, she should enlist the aid of a lawyer. Traffic lawyers are typically not expensive and can often work miracles.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney