I just signed up to start getting Social Security benefits…

Customer Question
I just signed up...

I just signed up to start getting Social Security benefits starting next month when I turn 66. I heard that my medicare papyments will be taken out of my SS payment. Is that correct? I just received a Medicare Premium Bill that is due on January 25th. Do I need to pay that?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Wisconisn

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I filed for medicare one year ago, and I just finished filing for SS benefits a few minutes ago on the internet.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I think that's it, thanks.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
1/12/2018
Lawyer: Michael Bradley, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Michael Bradley
To be safe, I would make the first payment just to make sure that the premium is paid. You are correct that you are Medicare payments should be taken out of your monthly Social Security benefits. If you want to become 100% sure I would either visit or call your local Social Security office and ask them. However, your Medicare benefits should be taken from your monthly account
Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley, Lawyer