I was ticketed in school zone 20 reported by officer and me…

I was ticketed in...

I was ticketed in school zone 20 reported by officer and me driving 33. I did not see flashing light and officer said it was "signeage" but it was a foggy morning. Do I have any retort. I am a bit worried though since i had a deferred ticket 73 in 65 on freeway. String of bad luck i guess.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

It only happened yesterday

I was wondering if it is better for me to pay the school zone 228 or try to have a driver ed for 138 but I'm thinking they will find the deferred and that will be then adding another fine. If I pay outright the school zone outright maybe I can avoid that but maybe a court appearance and plead watching the road and not flashing light on a foggy morning. I'd already seen 2-3 wrecks.
1/11/2018
Michael Bradley

I would plead not guilty and take a hearing

I would talk to the cop who may be willing to allow you to plead down to a lesser offense, not involving the school zone

police are normally willing to negotiate at the hearing

also, going 13 over is not terrible

Okay will try!
As long as you were polite with the officer which I am assuming and there were not children in the immediate area Etc then you really should not have an issue getting it pleaded down. Especially when there is no flashing lights and it was foggy. Good luck
Please rate my advice. While I do not do this for the ratings, my compensation is tied into the rating system. Thank you. If you have any other questions feel free to ask
Michael Bradley
Ok I feel better about it.

good luck

go in with confidence and not cockiness and you should be good