Trying to find out information on how to subpoena police…

Trying to find out...

Trying to find out information on how to subpoena police records in order to serve a defendant

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

CA December 2017

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Police report filed, restraining order date set...need police records for address

1/11/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

Is the case open still or is the case closed out?

The case is still open
I filed a restraining order for my business against an individual. The court granted my request. I obtained a copy of the police report, the only problem is the police department redacts all of the necessary information in order to serve the defendant. I would like to know the proper form to use in order to subpoena the police department records in order to properly serve the defendant.

So, if the case is still open you need to go to court in the restraining order case and you need to ask the clerk to issue a subpoena to the police department for "unredacted records" showing the address of the accused. The clerk will issue a subpoena to you which you then have to serve on the police department records room.

If you just serve a subpoena asking for records, you will get redacted records again, so you need to specify you are seeking UNredacted records.

Your other option, if he was arrested, is get the clerk at the court to check his arrest record in the court computer as they may have his address there as well.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.