I cannot find my car title, The vehicle was purchased in…

I cannot find my...

I cannot find my car title, The vehicle was purchased in Florida and I now live in MD. Can you help me?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

I now live in MD but bought the car in Florida. The car is a 2010 Toyota Highlander. I bought it used in FL in 2014.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am hoping not to return to Florida to get a copy of my title.

1/11/2018
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you.

You can ask Florida for a duplicate title. People misplace car titles quite often.

"By Mail

If you feel more comfortable replacing car title papers via mail, then all you have to do is submit your vehicle title replacement application and requested fees to the county tax collector office of your choice. You may want to call the office ahead of time and find out if they offer expedited services. As a general rule of thumb, the Department of Motor Vehicles processes your auto title replacement application in roughly five or so business days.

Replace Online

The state of Florida does not allow drivers to get a car title replacement online. Instead, you will be required to either make an in-person visit to your local tax county collector's office, or submit your request for a duplicate car title by mail.

Replacement Title Fees

The vehicle title fees vary in Florida, depending on the vehicle you own and other factors. They are as follows:

• For out-of-state car title: $85.25
  • To add a lien to a car title: $74.25
  • Expedited car title: $85.25
  • Paper car title for new vehicles: $77.25
  • Electronic car title for vehicles previously registered in Florida: $75.25"

https://www.dmv.com/fl/florida/replace-lost-title#online

You can do this by mail so you would not need to go into the Department of Motor Vehicles.

This is the form you need to file http://www.flhsmv.gov/DMV/forms/BTR/82101.pdf

Do you have any additional questions for me?

The site takes a few minutes to process the telephone calls. In the meantime we can continue in this format.

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it. A positive rating will not impact your ability to obtain a refund.

You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out.

Can you see the rating scale on your end, 5 stars?

Thank you for your consideration.

Are you online with me?

Thanks for your help.

You are most welcome.

I have the license request form you provided me.
Thanks for your help,
Tim

My pleasure. Are you able to see the rating scale at the top of the page on your end, 5 stars? The Attorneys only receive credit from the site for our work when the customer rates us positively. Thank you.

Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney