My car insurance policy was canceled because I was

Customer Question
Hi, my car insurance...

Hi, my car insurance policy was canceled because I was ill-informed is there something I can do?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Oregon, three total cars are on the policy. 2014, 2015, 2006

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No, I just called them requesting the recordings from customer support of the dates we were in contact, but denied access.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I called in asking for why my car insurance is canceled. I am currently billed for the continuing service, however, when looking back after setting a special payment plan, I was informed that the information I was told is bad. I request access to the recordings from both dates and they refuse to give me access. I was told I was uninsured for a whole month and that a time lapse would be put on my account. In addition, that I would have to pay a larger amount in order to maintain a policy with them.At first that was the only option they provided me, however, when I sought for the recordings, I was placed on whole for approximately 45 minutes before the representative told me that they did not have access to both recordings and that they would need to contact me within the next three days.I received a phone call in approximately 10 minutes later with a supervisor saying that I was advised and that there was basically nothing was ill-informed or ill-implied.Asking again for the recordings, I was told, no access can be granted until I go through a bunch of other legal matters to require them and request from the military history.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
1/11/2018
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

The recordings are property of the insurance company and cannot be obtained without a court subpoena, which I am sure they told you. However, if you believe they acted improperly, you can file a complaint with the State Insurance Commission and you can give them the information on the negligent advice given to you and they can investigate and try to resolve your matter.

Other than the state insurance commissioner, if you need the tapes to prove negligence, you have to sue the insurance company for breach of contract and then seek to force them to produce them as part of the suit against them.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.