When an employee completes a Claim of Exemption and Request…

When an employee completes a...
When an employee completes a Claim of Exemption and Request for Hearing on a Garnishment, do I continue the garnishment until the results of the hearing are known or does it "pause" the garnishment?
1/11/2018
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

You are welcome to take a moment to review the question.

Great, thank you! Bear with me a moment while I review…

I don't think the question warrants a call.

Oh, that’s not a problem with the phone call. The system automatically asks if you want one, but there is no problem declining the request. One moment while I review your situation.

Thank you very much for your patience. So, if someone fills out this Claim of Exemption form, then they are requesting with the court that they get a hearing on this garnishment because they feel that it is unjust, calculated improperly, or otherwise too high for the person to live. The final decision will be up to the judge regarding the matter. In your case, if you are the employer, you must continue the garnishment. Until you receive a new order from the judge or the state agency that is managing the garnishment, nothing is to change. There is no pause on the garnishment unless otherwise directed.

What other questions did you have for me today?

That confirms my opinion. I do not have any further questions. I will leave a 100% satisfaction rating.

Great news!

nless you have additional questions, there’s just a few other things I’d like you to know before we wrap up this conversation:

1. Could you look on your screen and provide me a star rating? 5-stars are always appreciated.

2. You can save me as a favorite if you would like.

3. For your benefit, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.

4. Don’t forget, if you haven’t already, you can always sign up for a membership with Just Answer and start asking more questions for cheap.

5. Don’t forget to tell your friends about justanswer.com!

Legal Eagle, Lawyer