What is class O "Withhold Judgment/Supervision" mean.

What is class O...

What is class O "Withhold Judgment/Supervision" mean

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Illinois

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Its off public records site

I'm trying to understand if this will need to be reported on a Job Application when they do the background check.
Please remove pdf, un-edited one uploaded
1/10/2018
Michael Gonzalez
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.Unfortunately, the answer is (the dreaded) it depends. Specifically, it depends on the question in the application. For instance, if you were generally asked if you were ever arrested for any crime then yes this should be disclosed.That said, is there a specific question or portion of the job application that you are concerned about?
What about the wording “convicted”
if I do disclose it, when it asks what kind.. do I say Misdemeanor possession or do I have to be more exact?

A withhold judgment is NOT a conviction. So, one with a "withhold judgment" could truthfully answer that you were not convicted. However, be careful. The institution that is asking you this question will certainly run a background check on you, and the case that you had a withheld judgment on will certainly appear on your record. They will see that it was a withheld judgment. So if you answer the question in the negative, and even if they have a policy of ignoring withheld judgments in their considerations, they will think your are being dishonest with them about your record, and that may have a negative impact on your chances of getting financial aid, getting a job, or getting into college.

That said, receiving a withheld judgment, and not having any other record, will demonstrate, to anyone who knows what a withheld judgment is, that your case was relatively innocuous, and it was obviously an isolated incident. So although withheld judgments are not ideal, it is still better to have one rather than a judgment of conviction.

Based on the limited information provided, this seems to be a misdemeanor.

Of course, it is always recommended to consult local criminal attorney on these issues to protect your rights and interests.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback.Rating me costs you nothing. Thank you.

Michael Gonzalez