CAN A UNIOIZED COMPANY CHANGE TO A NON-UNION COMPANY.

Customer Question
CAN A UNIOIZED COMPANY...

CAN A UNIOIZED COMPANY CHANGE TO A NON-UNION COMPANY

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

HAWAII

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

NOT YET

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

NO JUST WANT TO KNOW IF UNIONIZED COMPANY CAN SUDDENLY FIRE THE UNION AND BECOME NON UNION COMPANY

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
1/10/2018
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

No, the company cannot just fire the union. The employees would have to go through the labor board process and have an employee vote to decertify the union, which would mean the employer could then remove the union. If the employees do not vote the union out, the employer cannot do anything to get them out.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.