We live an apartment that was tested for mold over 2 years…

Customer Question
Hello. We live an...

Hello. We live an apartment that was tested for mold over 2 years ago. My wife has severe breathing problems including asthma,bronchitis and constant coughing. this is in addition to other health problems. I just sent a work order to the leasing office. What else can we do.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

GA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

We reported it to the managment office. I have the request in writing.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I want to see if we have a legal recourse. I am not sick but my wife is very ill.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
1/9/2018
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 6 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
On review of your facts, you have a good case.You can pursue for injuries she sustained. You stand to recover not only your actual losses (compensatory damages) but also interest, costs and legal fees. on occasion special damages (punitive damages) are also available.A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!
martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.If you sue in court you may end up with a judgment. The judgment generally allows you to levy on bank accounts, lien real estate and work with the sheriff office civil enforcement division. Many lawsuits result in settlement - which expect the judge to encourage.By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as experts are not employees of the site and do not get any credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.