I received my very first traffic tkt (75 yrs old) going 10…

Customer Question
I received my very...

I received my very first traffic tkt (75 yrs old) going 10 mi over limit. Do I plead guilty on court date, pay the fine, go to Traffic school to eliminate the 1 point I will be getting on my record? Do I have to go to court or should I pay the fine & do Traffic school?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I don't know, I just have the ticket from the Officer dated Jan. 2

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Will my record be clear if I pay the fine and go to Traffic School

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
1/9/2018
Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 6 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good afternoon, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 6 months ago

No you don't have to go to court unless you want to contest the ticket.

Yes, you can pay the ticket and attend traffic school and that will remove points from your license, which will also help avoid an increase in your car insurance rates.

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 6 months ago

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!