I need to get a special power of attorney. I am 84 years…

Customer Question
I need to get...

I need to get a special power of attorney. I am 84 years old.

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And just to clarify, what paperwork has been filed?

I'm in San Diego, CA. I need to authorize my niece in Manila, Philippines to do the paper work--about collecting my social security in the Philippines.The original authorization is fast getting obsolete.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

An estimate of the cost.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
1/9/2018
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Thank you very much for your patience. Assigning someone power of attorney is relatively easy. If you click here, you can purchase a template power of attorney form for just $10. You can have your niece sign it and then you can sign it as well.

If she is abroad, you can have her sign it electronically. You can go to www.hellosign.com, sign up for an account, upload the POA form, and email it to her. HelloSign will capture her signature electronically. Signing documents electronically is valid legally, so need to worry.

How else can I help you today?

Hello, it’s been awhile since we connected so I wanted to check in with you to see if you had any further before you rated. If you have any other questions or if there is anything else I can assist you with today. Please reply here and let me know.

Legal Eagle, Lawyer