Our son's car was just declared a write off by his

Customer Question
Our son's car was...

Our son's car was just declared a write off by his insurance. His car was hit by a snow plow. The investigation revealed the plow was in the wrong. Ques: in addition to the amount the insurance will pay out can our son sue the other driver for additional funds? He did not suffer any injuries.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Accident happened in Ottawa, ON, Canada and the car is a 2011 Ford Focus

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Police attended and have submitted their reports

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Don't believe so. tks

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
1/9/2018
Lawyer: Lori, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Lori
Lori, Attorney

Hello. Let me see if I can assist you. Is your insurance company a Canadian or American carrier and where do you reside?