My question is ,how do I get a legal Document for a QDRO…

Customer Question
Hi, my question is...

Hi, my question is ,how do I get a legal Document for a QDRO without paying a lawyer?? I don't gave the 2,500 to pay the fee. My divorce was final back in June 2017. I was awarded half of his pension.

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page. Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Yes I am in Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No not yet.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
1/9/2018
Lawyer: DrakeLAW, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
DrakeLAW
DrakeLAW, Lawyer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you, please give me a moment to review and possibly research answers to your question.

Having a lawyer do it is not a requirement. I can assist you with it and you can file it if you like, but it is a premium service and additional cost. It would be much less than $2,500 but I need some idea of how much information you have about the company, etc before I can suggest the cost.

Ok, he worked at Chrysler Corp. in auburn hills, Mich. The QDRO has to be sent there after we sign it, it has to go to HR.

Ok, and is this for a 401(k)? A Pension? Is he cooperative with you?

he has agreed to half. He never had a 401k as far as I know.
He also took a buy out, so he got a good amount in that buy out, and this QDRO is for the rest of his oension

Alright, so a pension makes it a little different. There are different pension types. Do you have any information about what type of plan it is?

it is his retirement.

I understand, but there are different types of retirement plans. Can you get the Plan information? You need to know what type of plan it is.

I will try to get that information, how do I get back to you after I get that??

Just come back here to this question.

You want the Plan name and the Plan Administrator information.

Ok I will get back to you. Thank you
Hi, DrakeLaw, I had talked to you a couple of days ago about a QDRO, I have the information and I hope this is the right info. This is for the pension, FCA US. LC-UAW Pension Agreement. Now I also have this the ex sent, Fiat Chrysler Automobile, ***** Suite 210. San Rafael, CA. 94901. REF# (###) ###-#### PHONE # (###) ###-####

Hi, just stick to this thread so that you don't get charged twice.

Let me know if you are wanting to try and proceed on your own and have me point you to the form, etc or you want it drafted for you? Totally up to you.

Ok draft it to me. My I ask will it be in a text or email??
Lawyer: DrakeLAW, Lawyer replied 5 months ago

I am terribly sorry. I recall talking with you about this and was waiting to hear back but this question never popped up in my Active list until I just did a fresh restart.

Please let me know if I can still help you with this. My apologies again.

DRAKELAW, yes I still need your help with QDRO. You had mention to me that you would send a draft of the legal Document. Will you be able to send that me soon?? Thank you Cathy Bose
Frameless, now I gave waited long enough for a answer back from you, now I want my $47.00 dollars refunded!! Cathy Bose

I don't know why this question keeps disappearing on me and I will ask customer service for help. You have not been charged anything yet until you rate the response to the question.

But there is also a misunderstanding, to draft the QDRO document itself is an additional charge. The base fee here is for the answering of a specific question with follow-up for understanding. It is an extra charge for phone calls and document drafting, etc.

I can complete the QDRO document today if you want to do that. The cost would be $300.

I sorry, never mind !!