I opened up a checking account at acredit union in august…

Customer Question
I opened up a...

I opened up a checking account at acredit union in august 2016. Sept 2016 I applied for a personal loan. My question is did the credit union have the right to first change my personal to an auto loan and then add it on to my checking account? Shouldnt they be 2 separate accounts

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Utah, 2001

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Iam filing a complaint with the unca

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes Iam in dyer need of help I think Im gong to need more than just advice

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
1/9/2018
Lawyer: Irwin Law, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney

Yes, normally an auto loan and a checking account would be two separate accounts with the credit union; however, you may have signed something when you opened the account, or applied for the loan, that permits the credit union to do what they did. You should have an attorney review your application for the loan, as well as the credit union's rules. You did not say just how you were injured by the actions of the credit union. That would be helpful to know.

I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would appreciate a 5 star rating. (Scroll to the top of this reply to locate the rating buttons.) If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks for using JUST ANSWER.